- Metal baking pan
- Large bowl
- Small bowl
- 1-1/2 Pound(s) 85% lean ground beef
- 1 Cup(s) Quaker® Oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
- 1/4 Cup(s) finely chopped onion
- 1 Can(s) (8 oz.) tomato sauce
- 1/2 Teaspoon(s) Black pepper
- 1/3 Cup(s) Mayonnaise
- 2 Tablespoon(s) Ketchup
- 8 Whole large (about 4” x 6” each) slices cheddar cheese
- 8 Whole strips thick-sliced bacon, crisp-cooked and halved
- 2 Whole medium tomatoes, sliced
- 8 Whole hamburger buns or other favorite roll or bread, split and toasted (optional)
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Spray 13” x 9” metal baking pan with cooking spray.
- For meatloaf, combine all meatloaf ingredients in large bowl; mix lightly but thoroughly. Press mixture into pan.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until meatloaf is done (160°F) and center is no longer pink. Drain off any juices.
- Heat broiler. For secret sauce, combine ingredients in small bowl; mix well. Spread over hot meatloaf, completely covering; cut meatloaf into 8 rectangles. (Do not remove from pan.)
- Top each rectangle with cheese, 2 half pieces bacon and tomato slices.
- Broil meatloaf 5 to 6 inches from heat source 2 to 3 minutes or until cheese melts. Serve, if desired, on bun or bread.